Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March MADNESS!

Hello! Been quite a while since I've updated but I am a VERY busy girl. Plus I get very easily distracted. February has come and gone and we are now in the lovely month of March, A happy St. Patty's day to you all if I don't make it on here to wish it on the actually day. I don't know about everywhere else but the weather here in Chicago seems to be taking a turn for the better! The snow is almost gone and its been in the 40s almost all day!! Lots of rain too which make for perfect days to stay in and be lazy! Those are my kinds of days! So I am unfortunately back at school after a wonderfully relaxing mid-semester break (They call it spring break but there was snow on the ground and it wasn't very spring-y at all). I FINALLY beat Mass Effect 2 and I was so happy I cried. I love Bioware! They really know how to make amazing games let me tell you! Especially because they really know how to cater to their audience, specifically the female gamers, well at least I feel this way. Giving players the option to chose gender just makes the game that much more fun for me. There are plenty of games with male leads and only give the ladies the roles of the damsel in distress, eye candy, love interest or an ass kicking BAMF that is an NPC. (Bad Ass Mother Fucker and Non-Playable Character respectively) With the ME series I have played as both male and female, and while most of the dialogue is the same for either the story is still amazing either way! I remember playing one of the Tony Hawk games and you were allowed to play story mode with your own custom female skater and of course had a female voice actress but the other characters didn't recognize her as a female and refer to her as a male. I realized recording 2 different lines of dialogue might be time consuming, but what is it going to hurt make sure that you have a couple "her"s on hand to insert so you don't have to go back and record another take with the voice actor saying her or woman or she or whatever. Even using a more gender neutral script would be okay with me. That's what makes ME such a powerful game for me. Not only do you have a Million ways and decisions that can affect the story, your relationships, and even the outcomes in the game Bioware took the time to have their writers create a script that is neutral referring to your character by Shepard, Commander and so on (although this might be because of how everyone's character will have their own unique names they need to have some name to call you by) and having the V-A's go back and record the line with shes hers and woman! phew. That was quite the tangent! Well if you actually got to this point thank you for reading and until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment